Friday, October 6, 2017

Wires and Nerve

Wires and Nerve

By Marissa Meyer

Published By Feiwel and Friends

I'm going to start this review with a disclaimer. I have not read the Lunar Chronicles series, and thus have had to start with this book. Now, on with the review. Wires and Nerve stars a menagerie of characters, but mainly stars Iko, an sentient android from the moon, tasked with hunting down the remnants of an army of mutant wolf-men; a leftover from the Earth-Moon wars. During her struggle, she finds these ex-soldiers have reorganized, and have been committing atrocities all over earth, in a bid for revenge. While this is happening, political struggles on the moon are boiling over, and may threaten Iko's friends. 

I was confused at first, since I was missing context from the previous books, and the book did try to filling some of the gaps, but did a bad job at it. At first I didn't really know any of the characters, and none of them made much of an impact, though some of them did eventually grow on me a bit. The art was okay. Nothing I haven't seen before, but it does the job well enough. The story was interesting, but it didn't really grab me very well. While I was reading it, I was thinking about how the story before the book would be more interesting to read. This book is okay, and that's really it.

T:DR: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment