Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Dragon Girl



Dragon Girl

By Jeff Weigel

Published by Andrews McMeel

I feel like my previous posts have made it seem like I dislike books for childishness. So I present a childish book that I really really like. Dragon Girl Focuses around main character Alanna and Her brother Hamel in a medieval (ish, there is an air ship at one point) world in which dragons exist and the classic dragon hate is at medieval levels (That is to say high). Alanna and her brother find an orphaned baby dragon, who leads them back to a dragon sanctuary. There they must focus on stopping an evil knight from killing all the dragons or some other evil thing. 

As I said 3 sentences ago, I like this book. The dragons not being evil thing is nice. They are portrayed more as animals then a force of evil. Also the air ship. I can think of very little in literature then an airship that can shoot fire would not improve. The villain does get easily distracted at times, and his motive seems to shift. But for the most part the characters are okay, as is the story. The best part is the art, which is detailed and interesting to look at. The world is also quite good.

TLDR: 7/10

Does this piece of wood-pulp with chemical dye deserve investment: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment