Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Nameless City

Nameless City

By Faith Erin Hicks

Published by First Second

So I had this book for a while now sitting in my “To Read” pile, and now that I’ve read it I regret not reading it sooner. It focuses on a boy named Kaidu, in a place that from what I can see is a fictionalized China / feudal Japan; kinda. He recently moved to The Nameless City; a strategic point which many factions fight over, and constant changes hands. Kaidu is from the ruling faction, but meets a local girl who is a free runner, and they become friends. Together they break down the cultural barriers and uncover sinister plots from revolutionaries. 

This book has incredibly fleshed out and human characters, but a weak plot. It  seems like it’s setting up a sequel, getting all the world building out of the way. But I still found it engaging and interesting.

TLDR: 7/10

Should you read this book: Sure

No comments:

Post a Comment