Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Twilight Children


Image result for The Twilight Children cover

The Twilight Children

By Gilbert Hernandez, Darwyn Cooke, and Dave Stewart

Published by DC comics

This book was not the book I thought it would be when I saw the cover. The Book centers around a sea-side town in which one day a strange glowing ball of light appears. Along with the ball (which promptly disappears and reappears throughout the book at random) a mysterious woman appears, who is somehow connected to it all. The rest is muddled and makes little sense.

This was a confusing book that left a bad taste in my mouth. For one, none of the characters were very fleshed out, and seemed like cutouts most of the time. Also most of the characters are jerks that make for an cast that I have no interest in. The whole orb of light thing made no sense what so ever, seeming to not follow any rules and doing nothing consistently. The finale made even less sense, and the whole book seemed disjointed, without a vision. If this book focused more on one of its elements and really worked on it, I would have liked this book, but in its current state I wouldn’t recommend it. Also this book had adult themes and images. I would have worked that into the paragraph but I couldn’t be asked.

TL;DR: 4/10

Would you get a positive outcome from using language to secure a replication of the original text which creates this story if you look at it: meh

No comments:

Post a Comment